When your student attends the University of Tennessee, the Office of Family Engagement supports your whole family.
Life at UT is exciting, diverse, and filled with community experiences and service opportunities. Our research partnerships, dedicated faculty, and nationally ranked programs all help your student turn big ideas into reality.
Throughout your student’s UT career, there will be countless opportunities for you to provide love and support and help navigate what is, for many students, their first time away from home.
The Office of Family Engagement and the UT Parents Association provide the resources you need to stay connected and support your student’s success from orientation through graduation. When you join the Parents Association, you will receive timely news tailored to your interests, keep up to date with our annual Parent Calendar, and participate in special events on campus.
Family Engagement Learning Outcomes
Engaged families are better able to communicate with and support their students throughout their transition and progression to graduation. As a result of parent/family engagement, students will:
- Utilize family members as a source of assistance, support, advice, and information
- Better understand the resources and services available on campus to promote their academic success
- Be aware of important dates and deadlines to help them succeed academically, as well as outside the classroom
As a result of actively engaging in their student’s UT experience and utilizing Family Engagement resources, parents and families will:
- Maintain a connection to the institution
- Identify resources to support students during their transition to UT and throughout their academic career
- Understand ways to effectively support student learning and promote student success through communications, publications, programs, and events
- Engage in programming that promotes the opportunity to connect with other families and students
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of policies and expectations of the UT community to which their students will be held
Stay connected. Support your student.