Steps to Apply
- Complete and submit this application form by the application deadline of Monday, March 10, 2014 at 5:00 PM.
- Deliver an academic history to the New Student & Family Programs office in 412 Student Services Building by the application deadline. Log on to MyUTK to print an academic history for no charge.
- Late or incomplete applications and applications without a transcript/academic history will not be considered.
- To be eligible for the scholarship, at least one of the student’s parents or guardians must be a current member of the Parents Association during the application and the award period.
Click here to apply for the 2014 International Scholarship.
Basic Terms & Conditions
- A parent or legal guardian of the scholarship award recipient must be a member of the UT Parents Association at the time of application and during the award period.
- Recipient may be called on to speak at New Student & Family Programs events, representing the scholarship program as well as the Office of the New Student & Family Programs.
- Recipient must attend the 2014 Fall Family Weekend (September 5-7, 2014) to greet parents and talk with guests about the scholarship program. (Recipients abroad at the time of the Recognition Event are not required to attend.)
- Recipient must write 2-4 thank you notes to specified Parents & Families Fund supporters noting how their financial contribution impacted recipient’s experience abroad. More information, including specific supporter(s), will be provided from the Office of New Student & Family Programs.
- Recipient must provide a picture and a list of extracurricular activities for inclusion in the scholarship program publicity.
- Recipient must complete a follow-up narrative essay (detailed below) for the Office of New Student & Family Programs. This narrative essay may be used in further publications.
- Recipient may be asked to participate on future scholarship committees.
The Parents Association office will announce the scholarship recipients by April 15, 2014, and all applicants will be notified email. Please contact the Parents Association office at (865) 974-4546 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
EEO/AA Statement/Non-Discrimination Statement
The University of Tennessee is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.